Glossary of Printing Terms:

  1. The white space formed by the inner margins of two facing pages (near the spine) in a bound book, journal, or newspaper.

  2. The inside margins or blank space between two facing pages of a magazine or book is called the gutter.

The gutter space is allowed due to the space lost during the binding process, especially during perfect binding.

In saddled-stitched publications the gutter is adjusted o allow for a process called ‘creep’, in which the outer pages of a section appear to bunch up and the inner pages protrude more.

Please feel free to contact us

212.619.5446 • • 
Corporate Headquarters

315 Madison Avenue, NYC 10017
Open Monday - Friday: 9:30am-5:30pm
*No Walk-In Appointments*

Open in Google Maps
Production Facility

629 Grove Street, Jersey City, NJ 07310
Open Monday - Friday: 9:30AM - 4:00PM
*No Walk-In Appointments*

Browse Our Products

All Rights Reserved  © 2021 Fine Print, Inc  Terms of Use  Privacy Policy