NOTE: Please be sure to check your email's Spam or Junk folder since our responses may land there the first time you hear from one of our project managers.
VOC Emission Test Fabric Backed Vinyl Wallcovering
Berkeley Analytical measured and evaluated the emissions of VOCs from this sample following CDPH/EHLB/Standard Method V1.2-2017.
|Product Name:||20 oz Vinyl Wallcovering with Woven Backing - 8103|
Reference Standard California Department of Public Health CDPH/EHLB/Standard Method Version 1.2, 2017 (Emission testing method for CA Specification 01350)
Acceptance Criteria and Results Demonstrating Compliance of Product Sample to Referenced Standard:
|Exposure Scenario¹||Individual VOCs of Concern²||Formaldehyde³||TVOC4;|
|School Classroom||≤1⁄2 Chronic REL||YES||≤9.0 μg/m³||YES||≤ 0.5 mg/m³|
|Private Office||≤1⁄2 Chronic REL||YES||≤9.0 μg/m³||YES||> 0.5 - 4.9 mg/m⊃|
|Product Coverage5;||Not Applicable|
- Exposure scenarios & product quantities for classroom & office are defined in Tables 4-2 – 4-5 (CDPH Std. Mtd. V1.2-2017)
- Maximum allowable concentrations of individual target VOCs are specified in Table 4-1 (ibid.) 33
- Maximum allowable formaldehyde concentration is ≤9 μg/m³, effective Jan 1, 2012; previous limit was ≤16.5 μg/m³ (ibid.) 333
- Informative only; predicted TVOC Range in three categories, i.e., ≤0.5 mg/m³ , >0.5 – 4.9 mg/m³ , and ≥5.0 mg/m³
- Informative and applicable only to tests of wet-applied products; grams of sample applied per square meter of substrate
Standards & Codes Recognizing CDPH Standard Method V1.2 (partial list)
- USGBC LEED Version 4, BD&C, ID&C
- The WELL Building Standard
- ANSI/GBI 01, Green Building Assessment Protocol
- Green Guide for Healthcare V2.2
Narrative: Roysons Corporation selected a sample representative of its 20 oz Vinyl Wallcovering with Woven Backing - 8103 product and submitted it on 5/4/2017 for testing. Berkeley Analytical measured and evaluated the emissions of VOCs from this sample following CDPH/EHLB/Standard Method V1.2-2017. The results of the test are presented in Berkeley Analytical report, 241-016-01A- May2317.
Berkeley Analytical is an independent, third-party laboratory specializing in the analysis of organic chemicals emitted by and contained in building products, finishes, furniture, and consumer products. We are an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory (IAS, TL-383); all standards used in performing this test are in Berkeley Analytical’s scope of accreditation.
DISCLAIMER: THIS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE AFFIRMS THAT: 1) A SAMPLE OF THE LISTED PRODUCT WAS TESTED ACCORDING TO THE REFERENCED STANDARD; 2) THE MEASURED VOC EMISSIONS FROM THE SAMPLE WERE EVALUATED FOR THE DEFINED EXPOSURE SCENARIO(S); AND 3) THE RESULTS MEET THE ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF THE REFERENCED STANDARD(S). BERKELEY ANALYTICAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS REGARDING A PRODUCT OR PRODUCTS ENTERED INTO COMMERCE THAT MAY BE BASED ON THIS TEST. BERKELEY ANALYTICAL PROVIDES THIS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.Download Full Report
Test performed and certified by: